[mythtv-users] Multiple directories for MythTV recordings?

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 18:50:17 EDT 2003

> you're kinda stuck AFAIK, unless you can backup the
> first 80Gb drive somewhere
> else.  this is why I used LVM from the start, knew
> I'd need more space

Put a second drive in that's bigger than 80GB.  Create
a logical volume with at least as much space as you
have MythTV files on the first drive and put a
filesystem on it.  Move your MythTV files over to the
new logical volume.

Next, remove the partition you had the MythTV files in
on the first drive.  Create a logical volume of the
same size.  Concatinate this logical volume with the
logical volume on the second drive.  Now you have
a single filesystem that totals the space you had
on both drives.

    Mike