[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase and cron

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 09:39:56 EDT 2003

I installed the mythfilldatabasecron script in my
Mandrake 9.1
etc/cron.daily directory as instructed in the HOWTO
but discovered that the
database was not being updated.  Running
mythfilldatabase manually as root,
I discovered that root needed .xawtv, which I copied
to root's home
directory (/root).  It now works when run manually as
root, but not from
cron, despite the fact that /etc/crontab lists the
daily stuff as being run
as root.

Where else should I look?  Yes, I can set up a
per-user crontab, but I like
the idea of being independent of any user.