[mythtv-users] PVR250 and commercial skip ?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Fri Aug 1 03:05:58 EDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 hayward at slothmud.org wrote:

> Can you explain in more detail what you mean by the unfinished nature of
> the ivtv?  Are you talking pixelation in the VCD format?

When I tried crankingthe birate down into the 1.5Mb/s and 352x240 VCD
range the picture turned into total crap.  As in much worse than one would
expect from VCD.

> I've got one of these coming in the mail and My goal is to fit 1 hour of
> video per 700MB CD, for archiving.  This makes it sound like rates under
> 1GB per hour aren't very good with ivtv.

If you snip the commercials a one hour TV show fit in a CD at SVCD
resolution just fine.  And it looks better.

But remember, the ivtv project is young and rocking on at warp speed.
They just announced first light out of the video out plug on the PVR-350.
The card is capable of encoding VCD since it can do it under that less
capable platform that Hauppauge keeps wasting time with.  :)  So if you
really need VCD, be patient.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!