[mythtv-users] better way to record / feature req

Tom Howard tom at sagoons.com
Fri Aug 1 02:45:08 EDT 2003

Forgive te poor quality, Im doing this at work and all I have here is
mspaint.  anyway, the basic idea is that when you get to the record
screen, it allows you to change the time to start recording, and the time
to stop recording (this would make it easy to adjust the start-stop times
on an individual basis).  The record options, this is what we currently
have.  Save latest, how many episodes to save.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2 days, 3,
days, 1 week, All Episodes.  For example, say you want to record every
episode of Seinfield on every channel.  Thats ~4 a day.  Now say you dont
want to fill up your HD with just seinfield, but you do like to keep a
few episodes around to watch.  So you might set it to 'save the latest 4
episodes'.  This would of course automatically delete a previous episode
just before it begins the latest recording.  The idea is to give the user
complete control, from one screen, over all aspects of a recording.
Just my $0.37, I may be out of line.

--Tom