[mythtv-users] PVR250 question

Paul Smith paullocal at pscs.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 13:33:49 UTC 2003

>These and other questions are answered in the HOWTO.  Did you read
>it?

It's not obvious... I'd read it a while ago and looked for new sections on
the PVR250, but there's nothing in the index (except for an irrelevant
troubleshooting topic) so I'd assumed there wasn't anything new. It's
hidden away.

Anyway, it doesn't answer my questions :-)
(or, if it does, I can't find where)

- is the PVR250/350 code reliable enough yet? Do I need to be a Linux guru
to install the drivers? (for me reading the HOWTO it looks as if I do need
to be, but someone who's done it (and who isn't a guru) might be able to
give a subjective view). From comments in this mailing list it looks like
people have lots of problems with it.

- Can MythTV handle 3 capture cards in one PC? The HOWTO says 'one or
more', but has anyone actually tried it with 3? Until hardware MPEG
encoders were supported it was unlikely that a PC could handle 3 so it
might not have been tested. If the answer is 'it should but no one knows',
then I'll know not to spend too much effort on it if it doesn't work, but
if someone can say 'I've done it and it works fine', then I'll spend more
effort getting it working.

Paul				VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support at pscs.co.uk			http://www.pscs.co.uk/