[mythtv-users] Live TV - no sound

Chris Rickert chris.rickert at mchsi.com
Tue Apr 29 04:24:25 UTC 2003

Hi,
On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 16:31, Ragnar Kjørstad wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 04:23:55PM -0700, Scott Beck wrote:
> > When I am watching TV the channel numbers are one off. For example if I
> > change to channel 45 the display says it's "Space" but the channel being
> > displayed is not "Space" but switching to channel 44 show's "Space".
> > When watching normal cable channel 45 is "Space". All the channels seem
> > to be off by one in this way. I hope I wasn't too confusing.
>
> I believe there is a description of this in the FAQ or the howto.
>
> (I think there is a problem with tuner autodectection)

I looked through the FAQ again and double checked my tuner type. It is
correct as far as I can tell. The card has FI1236 on the silver box.
Looking through /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST
I found:
  type=2 - Philips NTSC (FI1236 and compatibles)
in the tuner section. I have:
# bttv
alias char-major-81-0   bttv
options bttv        card=2