[mythtv-users] New mini box - Mini-box M-100

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Fri Apr 25 23:14:51 UTC 2003

Hi,

First post so please be gentle :)

Have installed MythTV 0.8 from source on RedHat 9, all works fine until I
actually go to watch TV - at this point the entire system 'hangs' (ie: no
input, no screen updates, no network response - no nothing!)

The output from mythbackend show the last thing to happen was a change
from None to WatchingLiveTV.

I've checked the sound devices as per the docs - aplay /dev/dsp works as
expected, and xawtv has been working on this particular box for months.
Nothing else is claiming /dev/dsp - artsd and esd have been disabled and
are not running, and 'fuser /dev/dsp' confirms this.

I've also been through the mailing list and noticed a couple of people
reporting similar issues, but with no followups.

I'm using a WinTV PCI card (ie: bttv driver) and onboard via 82cxxx audio.

So - anyone - what's the next step in order to find out what's locking the
system?

-Russell