[mythtv-users] thumbnail preview

Fri Apr 25 09:42:11 UTC 2003

There is a setting in "General" (I think) which allows you to choose a static image or a moving preview.  If it isn't there then check the other TV settings items, it's in one of the screens.

However, I agree that it would be nice if the video playback could be made async somehow so that it didn't affect scrolling speed.  Will investigate this at some future point...

-----Original Message-----
From: Wally [mailto:wally at satx.rr.com]
Sent: 25 April 2003 10:20
To: mythtv-users at snowman.net
Subject: [mythtv-users] thumbnail preview

I am having problems with the video thumbnail in watch recordings. It
takes me forever to scroll through shows because the video preview has
to start for each show i scroll through. Though it is cool, it is a
useless feature for me as 99% of the previews are the preshow
commercials. Is there a way to disable the thumbnail?

I would delete the  commercials in edit mode, but it segfaults on me
every time I try to move around. Not sure if this is a known issue or
if it is not fully implemented. Anyone else get that behavior?