[mythtv-users] Problems compiling CVS on debian (QT-Problem?)

Florian Zierer florian at ziererweb.de
Fri Apr 25 16:09:16 UTC 2003

At 12:20 PM 4/24/2003 -0700, Erik Hovland wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 10:05:48AM -0700, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> > Do you have any additional reason for favoring DDR memory over
> > PC133? Given its considerably higher cost, the move isn't trivial,
>
>For the record, DDR is now cheaper then PC133 per byte. If one is
>starting from scratch in making any sort of computer, DDR is a very
>compelling price per performance option.
>
>crucial.com:
>256MB DDR module - $41.99
>256MB PC133 module - $59.99

Actually, it depends a bit on where you shop. Yesterday's newspaper ad for
Fry's Electronics (located near me in Palo Alto, CA) had these prices:

         512MB PC133 memory - $39.99
         512MB DDR (PC2100) memory - $49.99

I would never base this sort of comparison on prices from one vendor
(especially not a relatively high-priced one, it would seem). But it does
seem that the price premium for DDR is dropping around here ... as recently
as a month ago, DDR cost twice as much as PC133 at Fry's ... so this
observation may be true soon.