[mythtv-users] ALSA Working But Not Remembering Settings

pixel@hourglassone.com acs at hourglassone.com
Thu Apr 24 14:10:33 UTC 2003

Hey Gang,

Artsd is the kde sound server, which is redundant if you're using alsa for
everything.  I think there's a check box in kcontrol under "sound server"
for canceling startup.

The modprobe can be fixed by adding a line to your /etc/modules.conf:

alias sound-slot-0 snd-sb16

As for the volume settings, I've never had luck there either.  I tend to
stay as far away from alsa as possible.. It's still kludgey, despite some
improvements over oss/artsd/esd.

Cheers,
Aaron