[mythtv-users] ALSA Working But Not Remembering Settings

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Apr 24 01:33:28 UTC 2003

Alex Davidson wrote:
> So after having no success with RH9 and ALSA I went back to RH8.  This time
> I'm not even messing with Myth until I can get ALSA working ;-)
>
> Things are good so far except for three quirks:

All three of these are variations on the ALSA driver not
being loaded yet.

> Anyone know how to stop the need for the modprobe and how to force the mixer
> to save?

Yes. "modprobe" causes the driver modules to be loaded.
This should happen at boot time by a script in your init.d
directory called "alsasound" which should also save and
restore your mixer settings when you shutdown and boot up.

My guess is that your system is not running the "alsasound"
script. See the RedHat docs for how to get this script to
run when you boot or change run levels.

--  bjm