[mythtv-users] How usable is the G400-tv

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 17:28:29 UTC 2003

What about Creative Digital VCR card that has a mpeg encoder? You can get it for $50 after rebate time to time from CompUSA. I know there is a sourceforge page on developing linux drivers for the card but I don't see any activity. Can anybody comment on this card for MythTV?

Matthew Schumacher <schu at schu.net> wrote:Now that there is hardware compression support in Myth-TV I want to go
that route. I started looking at the PVR-250 and it is pretty
expensive. How many people have had good success with the g400-tv?
Does it support seeking in the video file or does that not work? I can
pick up a g400 much cheaper and if it works good I may go that route.

Also, how supported will this card be in the future, it looks like
everyone is going with the pvr-250 since Isaac has one.

Thanks,

schu