[mythtv-users] Almost there...

Jeff Burricelli jeff at burstable.net
Mon Apr 21 22:16:24 UTC 2003

OK, my setup seems to be getting there..

I now have video, audio (through ALSA) etc all apparently working, but
after a few seconds of showing live TV MythTV stops.

Looking at the consoles, MythBackend has crashed out with this information:

Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3
adding: localhost.localdomain as a player 1
adding: localhost.localdomain as a player 0
adding: localhost.localdomain as a player 0
adding: localhost.localdomain as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
strange error flushing buffer ...
IOBOUND - blocking in ThreadedFileWriter::Write()
Segmentation fault

MythFrontend is still running, and has the following output
[root at localhost log]# mythfrontend
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XV port 61

This is the 'latest' (as of about 22:00 GMT 21 April 2003) CVS checkout (I
couldn't get 0.8 working at all)

Any ideas, or anything I need to do to investigate further?
Paul				VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support at pscs.co.uk			http://www.pscs.co.uk/