[mythtv-users] Re:Re:Connection Setup (cords)

Brad Atkins brad at youreshop.com
Sun Apr 20 18:10:00 UTC 2003

> > I have Line set as CAPTUR and 100%.
> > What's odd is that I have another source called Capture that is set at
> > 100% and also at CAPTUR.
>
> That's not odd at all but the way it should be. This is used
> to set the volume for recording and the line-in volume should
> ignored when recording. All the mesages to this point have
> been consistant with the Capture level not being set.
>
> > When I run xawtv I get the sound.
> > When I run aplay /dev/dsp I get the sound, but now it's much louder.
> [consistant with the Capture volume 100%...]
> > When I mute xawtv, and run aplay /dev/dsp I get just noise.
>
> Not sure what a mute button for xawtv would do. Instead, try
> starting xawtv and in another shell, run alsamixer. Unmute
> line-in to verify you get sound.

Yes, I get sound with line-in unmuted.

> Mute line-in, and run aplay
> in another shell. If you hear sound and the Capture slider in
> alsamixer affects the volume, you're good to go.

Yes, the capture slider does affect the volume.

So assuming I'm good to go, I run

/usr/local/bin/mythbackend --logfile /home/brad/myth.log -d

Then I run

/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend

And the myth screen comes up. I select TV, then Watch TV and the sound comes
on, but the video doesn't change (it stays on that same MythTV screen.)
Also I hear the sound twice, one is about 2 seconds behind the other. Line
In is muted (and the volume is at 0%) and Capture is at 100%. The master
volume is at 100%.