[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV Questions

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sat Apr 19 18:12:25 UTC 2003

Drew Lenze wrote:

>1.  How do I know that I definitely have the Pro version of the Pinnacle
>PCTV tuner?

Call the company support? :-)

>2.  Will these cards be able to record TV sound without a jumper from the tuner to my sound card?

It should support that. HOWEVER, first check that there are actually
working Linux drivers at all. The PAL new version of this card as of
autumn last year did not work under Linux, unlike mentioned in the
kernel sources. They changed the tuner to a custom one, and a tech at
the company confirmed that there is currently (back then) no Linux
driver for it, although they have Linux drivers on their website, those
are for the old revisions. I had to give it back. There is no change to
the product name or anything - braindead. The new tuner is very small
and thin, maybe 3mm high, very unlike the tuners you can see from photos
of usual cards on the net, maybe 6mm or more high.