[mythtv-users] Re:Connection Setup (cords)

Brad Atkins brad at youreshop.com
Sat Apr 19 04:56:24 UTC 2003

When using the 'record' program, I can see right/left levels moving (not a
whole lot though)

It generates a wav file (which I've uploaded to
http://www.youreshop.com/record001.wav) and it sounds pretty empty to me.

I have my Line In set as capture and muted. All the volumes on everything is
100% (just for testing)

Playing raw data '/dev/dsp' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
xrun!!!...

Playing raw data '/dev/dsp0' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
xrun!!!...

When I do it for dsp1 I get an error

What's interesting, and I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but...

I'm able to play a wav file using aplay, but when I try to play the same wav
file from KDE I don't get any sound? Does this give us any hints?

You can view my modules.conf at http://www.youreshop.com/modules.conf

Thanks for your continued help!

Brad