[mythtv-users] Others experience with LIRC and Atisys200L

Michael Hill mikehillny at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 19:24:06 UTC 2003

Those of you who have the atisys half - worknig this may be your problem:
[from the lirc list] - thanks Adrian Burden
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1967132&forum_id=5339
read the response at the bottom:
"lirc_sir/Actisys 200l are hardcoded at 38khz output, so adjusting config won't
 change output.

 The home-brew serial can adjust output freq."

So if your remote you are trying to emulate [trasmit] does not operate at 38khz
output or close to it [such as the scientific atlantic 2000 and 3100 digital
cable ala Time Warner] then the actisys [most likely] will not work as a
trasmitter.  I finally took the actisys and plugged it into my windows machine
and downloaded some learning programs.  my SA3100HD explorer cable box remote
operates at 57.6khz.  This explains why I was getting garbled input and -no-
output.

Where is my soldering gun again ?

-m