[mythtv-users] Newbee question about tv resolution

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Thu Apr 17 20:18:48 UTC 2003

> Van: Eric Smith <eric.smith at datacert.com>
>
> When I connect to the DVI-I to my sony wega HDTV the tv goes into what I
> can only describe as "letter box mode"  (e.g. the image does not fill
> the screen).

I guess that's what is called "overscan", the picture of the desktop is
broader and higher than the TV screen. For using programs it's horrible.
For watching video it's great, since else you would see black borders
around the screen.

Search a bit for over- and underscan, hope you can find a tool that can
tweak it like you would want it to.

	Henk Poley <><