[mythtv-users] FW: Motorola DCT2000 and serial cable.

pixel@hourglassone.com acs at hourglassone.com
Thu Apr 17 21:21:22 UTC 2003

> If I had to buy a new card for MythTV, I guess I'd use a cheap ATI
> Radeon 7000 with TV out for $35 or so, but first check that there are
> drivers (preferably Open-Source) for the TV out.

ATI has a statement on their website at the moment that TV out is not
supported on anything other than windows... I think that we will wait a
while yet before any ATI card is good for TV out.

On a similar note the new Matrox card (Parhelia) is touted as having
excellent quality tv and monitor output.  However, a quick google turns up
only complaints about the quality of the driver and I couldn't find any
accounts as to whether tv out worked at all? (someone shout if it works for
you?)

I think NVidia is best for linux for the time being.  I have my eye on the
new FX 5200 which is supposed to have all the FX technology, but will be air
cooled!  Price is supposed to be about £100

Good for Quake and also silent!