[mythtv-users] Record table preferences

Chris Palmer mythtv at zencow.com
Wed Apr 16 23:07:25 UTC 2003

Bruce Markey wrote
> When I add things to 'record' I already know that I prefer
> "Nova" over "Bowling for Dollars". I want to let the system
> know this. I want to to catch every episode of "Survivor"
> even if it gets moved to Wednesday or if there is a special
> one time episode of "That 70's Show" on a Thursday.

..snip..

> With a unique value for each item in the record table, the
> scheduler can then simply choose higher over lower and
> doesn't need to consider type, starttime, length or channel
> number. The default choices should then be what the user
> would want even if some shows' schedules unexpectedly change
> and the user didn't know she needed to look for manual
> conflict resolution.

hey, this would be really cool.  I'm still nervous about
handling conflicts the way it is right now.  I'm worried
that I won't get in and resolve something if the schedule
changes, rather than the system simply knowing which shows
get recording preference over others.

At the very least, this would be a much safer "default"
behavior, and would work well with the existing method to
allow individual selection of shows to have priority over
another where there is a conflict (not enough tuners).

-Chris