[mythtv-users] CPAN 'Links Program'

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Wed Apr 16 19:13:46 UTC 2003

Alex Davidson wrote:

>I am installing Myth fresh using Red Hat 9.0 and when I got to the point of
>configuring CPAN it's asking me 'where is your links program'
>Being green with Linux I don't know what that is or where it might be - can
>anyone suggest a default?
>
>(BTW, I am documenting the whole install so as to pass it back to the Myth
>community for the next greenhorn)

if you are going through the cpan setup for the first time I think you
can safely take the defaults for most things (except obvious ones like
your location, etc). When it is asking you to find various programs you
can just hit enter for all those, even if it didn't find the program it
is asking about. For example, you do not need 'links' to get the right
stuff installed, so just ignore that.

good luck

Cedar