[mythtv-users] WinTV/Hauppauge + Phillips Universal remote = everything *except* VCR keys working

Scott Elliott selliott at insight.rr.com
Wed Apr 16 19:12:35 UTC 2003

Actually, the price isn't that bad.  I got a package from
www.bluedo.com, for a URC-8910 (a OneForAll 8910 plus a JP1 cable) for
$56 (the 8811 package is $41).  After some fiddling, I was able to
assign a code to every key under the DVD selection (well, almost, I
haven't figured out how to assign a code to the commercial skip key,
D'Oh!) and use irrecord to record them with the Hauppauge 401 WinTV
dbx.  Works pretty well.  I'm not thrilled with the cursor keys (it's
the little "donut" at the top) but other than that, it's fine.  I still
need to do some programming with it, things like macros to turn on the
receiver and TV and change to DVD mode with one button, but since I got
it working, I haven't felt like screwing with it.  Some day soon...

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 10:36, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> In my limited experience messing around with a Philips/Hauppauge
> combination, it seems like the Hauppauge IR receiver is "crippled" to only
> respond to codes with a "TV" embedded device code.

<snip>

--
Scott Elliott <selliott at insight.rr.com>