[mythtv-users] Marvel G450 eTV

Matthew Schumacher schu at schu.net
Thu Apr 17 05:00:33 UTC 2003

Well I am still trying. I got the new sis drivers from the
developers site and installed them. I can watch live tv in 480x480 but
nothing higher. X still uses 20-30% cpu. At 380x480 I just have about
5-10% cpu idle.

glxgears gives 180 - this is low but the sis300
series sux at 3d- should it matter?
xv is working.
I can play dvd's through xine no problem.
I can play divx through mplayer no problem.

I was under the impression that a frontend did not need to be all
powerful - even for 640x480. Am I wrong? Is anyone else running 640x480
on a frontend and if so what are your specs?