[mythtv-users] WinTV PVR-USB?

Robert Winder r.winder at home.nl
Sat Apr 19 17:27:40 UTC 2003

Monday, April 14, 2003, 7:05:39 PM, Isaac wrote:

>> As far as attempting to use the latest source tree, I selected Hardware
>> MPEG Encoder on the capture card, but when I select the card inputs (I
>> think that's what the menu item is called -- i'm at work now, so I don't
>> have the screen handy -- it's the one on the bottom right of the screen
>> in setup), nothing displays in the list (and if I hit enter as if i were
>> selecting one, mythfrontend segfaults).

Same here with latest Myth ivtv CVS version from two hours ago. The newest
revision V4L2 is patched against 2.40.20 kernel ( http://bytesex.org/patches/2.4/ )
and there are no V4L2 warnings when compiling. But just before the
segfault an ioctl is issued.

Apr 15 19:12:19 mediabox kernel: ivtv: v4l2 open on minor 0
Apr 15 19:12:19 mediabox kernel: ivtv: current minor 0
Apr 15 19:12:19 mediabox kernel: ivtv: opened card # 0, stream 0
Apr 15 19:12:19 mediabox kernel: ivtv: v4l2 ioctl 0x803c7601
Apr 15 19:12:19 mediabox kernel: ivtv: ivtv-api.c: unknown ioctl 0x803c7601
Apr 15 19:12:19 mediabox kernel: ivtv: v4l2 close

First attempt installing myth so not sure what kind of V4L, V4L2 commands are
issued when selecting input selections in setup. V4l2 ioctl 0x803c7601 is a
bit to cryptic for me. ;-) Is there still some manual database munging
needed in addition or should it detect the input selection options
automagicly with latest cvs ?

Isaac,

Are you using the "broken" mandrake supplied V4L2 or patched the
latest V4L2 rev. ?

   /Robert