[mythtv-users] How to record Monday only showing of a daily show

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Apr 15 15:43:31 UTC 2003

How do they do this?  Do they only record the first X episodes and
skip the rest until one is delete or do they record every episode and
delete the oldest so they only keep the X newest episodes?

I'm thinking you would want the 5 newest episodes but wanted to
verify how they did it.

This feature is on a few people's TODO list I believe (including mine),
but no timeframe for implementation.  I guess first one of us who gets
the time.

I think this will be much easier to implement once the auto-expire/delete
code is working since anything over X episodes could be deleted whenever
the cleanup ran.

> The one feature I REALLY miss in MythTV is the ability to control how MANY
> episodes of a show to record.  TiVo and ReplayTV both let you set this.
> Myth does not.  I think it would be wonderful.

Chris