[mythtv-users] MythMusic compile errors

Rick Clayton (VIA-Cyrix) RickClayton at viatech.com
Wed Apr 16 00:06:23 UTC 2003

At 12:59 AM 4/15/2003 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
>I'm trying to recompile the RedHat 9.0 kernel (2.4.20-9) (to include the
>latest BTTV) and I'm having real problems running 'make modules'. It's
>coming up with millions of compiler errors (not just warnings).
>
>Has anyone any idea what could be wrong? Am I missing some headers/tools
>or something?
>
>(I seem to be able to compile the kernel itself no problem, but not the
>modules)

We need a bit more of a description than you've provided.

1. "millions" of compiler errors? Come on. Provide a few examples and a
more realistic estimate of how much more there is before the process exits.

2. Do all the errors relate to bttv, or are you now having problems
compiling other modules as well?

3. How did you add in the source for the "latest BTTV"? Did you do it as a
patch to the kernel source? Where did you get it from?

4. Am I correct in assuming that before you did whatever you did, "make
modules" worked properly, including compiling the older bttv module? (More
generally, you have compiled the kernel itself ("make bzImage", usually)
succesfully, right? So you've gone through the preliminary steps in
/usr/src/<kernel-name>/README?)