[mythtv-users] Others experience with LIRC and Atisys200L

Adrian Burden aburden at onegeeksopinion.com
Mon Apr 14 17:02:16 UTC 2003

Hi Michael..

I can record etc but can not get the transmit to work properly. I was
getting the busy device till I removed the serial module or used
setserial. I do get the unbalanced error, not sure if that is a problem.

For Red Hat 8 I followed the instructions and made the /usr/src/linux
link point to my kernel source. Recompiled my kernel and changed my
serial to a module.

I then downloaded lirc-0.7pre1, configured with 6 (IRDA Device), 4
(Actisys 200l).
make and make install.

Put this line in modules.conf
alias char-major-61 lirc_sir

/sbin/ldconfig
/sbin/depmod -a

removed the serial module from my recompiled kernel.
modprobe -r serial.o
Inserted the module, this does both receive and transmit.
modprobe lirc_sir
/usr/local/sbin/lircd

You should get something with mode2 now.

I then was able to use irrecord, load in a template and create my own
lircd.conf file.
I can record ok, but transmission is still a mystery. I know I am
sending a signal by looking at the blaster with my video camera. I have
posted a question on the lirc.org list and I am waiting for a reply.

Cheers...