[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Freevo

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Fri Apr 11 17:42:50 UTC 2003

>The latest version of Freevo does PVR, at least according to their web
>page.  I haven't tested it in a while, so I can't say how stable that
>portion is.

According to this page:
http://freevo.sourceforge.net/about.html#Status

freevo can now record a scheduled program, but still can't pause (and I
assume rew/ff) live tv. Getting closer though. I haven't tried it out in
a long time, but really the only thing I like better about freevo than
myth is how they package everything so that you don't have any
dependencies. Much lower threshold to entry. I'll probaby give it a
shot, just so I know what the competition is up to.

cedar