[mythtv-users] Memory usage

Gerald Britton gbritton at doomcom.org
Fri Apr 11 04:31:04 UTC 2003

I had issues with mythbackend starting up a lot of threads (it starts one
every time it transfers a file to the front end, network logos, etc.)
These threads aren't garbage collected until the frontend closes.  Each of
these threads was getting a stack of the same size as the rlimit stack size
I had set (which was 256M for some old reason with my dotfiles).  Because
of this, mythbackend would freeze up after about 7 threads.  Shrinking the
stack size fixed it and mythbackend wouldn't immediately freeze.  However,
those threads were still never garbage collected until the frontend closed.

				-- Gerald