[mythtv-users] Record on Backend, Watch LiveTV on Frontend?

John Kelley john at kelley.ca
Fri Apr 11 14:22:33 UTC 2003

Why? It makes sense to have one central storage place for conifguration
information and what _little_ data anything needs stored. Having things
in multiple places (computers) will increase the number of questions
from people who are new to this; "Oh, now that I want to install
MythWeather || Myth* I have to install mysql on my frontend too?", "What
machine is the configuration for that stored on again?", ad inifinitum.
You're barking up the wrong tree here. Also mythmusic *does* have a
backend, albeit it may not be the myth backend... It has to get its
files from somewhere.

	- John