[mythtv-users] howIdidit: Debian+Myth from scratch using mdz'spkgs

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 16:54:52 UTC 2003

Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>In the absence of documentation in mdz's .debs,
>I would certainly add Debian installation
>instructions to the HOWTO if they were mailed to
>me.  Just because mdz hasn't sent anything to me
>for the HOWTO doesn't imply that I wouldn't accept
>them from anyone else.

Was that a hint?

If so, it would seem to me that to turn my notes
into instructions and integrate them with the howto
would require:

A. Editing/re-write
B. Peer review
C. Testing
D. Maintainer (for when things change in 0.9)
E. mdz's approval (or perhaps the absence of his
disapproval)

I can do A, if the need exists.  Anyone want to
sign up for B, C, D and E?  Or disagree with
any/all?

As I said before, what I wrote really was a collection
of notes.  I didn't really intend to write a guide.

-Dennis