[mythtv-users] Re: g200 MJPEG decode problem in mplayer and mythTV(but not lavplay)

Chris and Shannon rumba2nite at cybercrane.net
Thu Apr 10 03:06:20 UTC 2003

Thats true... pretty much Linux is Linux... but you hit the point when you
said different distributions can have different versions of libraries.
Its much easier to hear somebody say "It works using SuSE 8.1 or RedHat
9.0", rather than hear somebody say "It requires version 2.2 of the glibc
library, and version 3.23 of the mysql library, and version 4.0.2 of the
XFree86 libraries, and version 2.2 of kde, etc etc..."

Its easier to start with something you know that works, and then you can
figure out how it works.  Or if I didn't feel like figuring out how it
worked, I could just keep using that distribution...

Chris...