[mythtv-users] We Need A Less CPU Intensive Video Encoder

Wesley Belk wesleymythtv at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 16:08:33 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 15:53, Thor Johnson wrote:
> The component in on your tv is the same as s-video.  You get better quality
> with the "component" version because they can be sheilded better as separate
> cables; it should be pretty easy to build/buy a S-Video->component cable.

Ah, thanks for the education. I was under the impression that component
had one more level of separation than S-Video, which in turn had one
more level of separation than composite. More separation, less
interference, better quality.

> Where you can get a *great* boost in quality is if your TV has R/G/B inputs
> (a la SCART),

Yeah, my bad. I keep mixing up component's three signals with RGB.

Rick