[mythtv-users] modelines

undisclosed prozac at softhome.net
Wed Apr 9 21:15:37 UTC 2003

I for one think wikis can be abused too easily and are somewhat
unorganized.  I like a Forum-based method better with registered users
(most commercial software i.e. Snapstream, ShowShifter, etc. have forums
for discussing) so that there is some accountability to what gets posted
and there is an easier way to read through threads.  Mailing-list traffic
is somewhat high-volume for this list, and even though I use procmail to
filter my mail, it is still more convenient to say ignore an entire thread
in a forum than to skip through about 20 emails that have the same subject.
Of course there is the whole different mindset of going to a website to
check for new messages and posting replies as opposed to just checking your
mail and replying to interesting topics.  Either one is valid in this case
and each has its pros/cons.  Just my two cents.

I would like to help in the Documentation project except I haven't gotten
my system to work yet!  :-)  BTW - if the mythtv.org site wants to offload
traffic for a Forum, I already have one setup on my site which they can
just link to, or I can create a new one specific to MythTV.  Granted, the
MythTV developers could just install the forum software on the official
website, but maybe they are too busy to maintain it.  It doesn't hurt to
offer - I hope.  Of course, it would be much more useful if people actually
registered on my site.  :)

--On Wednesday, April 09, 2003 10:13 AM +0100 Edward Wildgoose