[mythtv-users] Live TV recoding behavior?

James Sleeman bitsy_boffin at cyberdude.com
Wed Apr 9 02:22:29 UTC 2003

JC wrote:

>My wife "paused up" the news the other day and once the kids were in bed she
>sat down to watch it.  She accidentally hit the wrong button (channel up
>instead of volume up) and BAM!  The whole thing was lost.  News was over,
>she missed it.  No getting it back.   She said to me, "Why does it have to
>wipe it out?"  I couldn't give her a good answer.

ARGH ! Yea I hate that, I'll start watching a movie Live, hit pause to
go do something and come back maybe half an hour later, and unpause,
then when the ad's come on, I -instinctively- hit the channel up key to
channel surf forgetting that I've got 1/2 an hour of delayed TV in the
buffer .. DOH, there goes the movie.

What would be best is if you have any amount larger than say a minute in
the buffer and you hit a key that will effectively kill the buffer
(change channel, escape) MythTV has GOT to prompt you for confirmation
-- "You will lose x minutes of TV in the buffer, are you sure ?"