[mythtv-users] libmyth library error

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 16:19:30 UTC 2003

Hmm... if I'm not mistaken, RedHat does not include /usr/local/lib in the
standard library search path.  Edit the file /etc/ld.so.conf (you need to be
root to edit this) and make sure it contains the line:

/usr/local/lib

Then run (as root):

/sbin/ldconfig

Also, make sure the permissions on the library file are correct (should be
if you did 'make install' as root or installed from a package)

-Joe C.

P.S. - Please send your posts in plain text