[mythtv-users] howIdidit: Debian+Myth from scratch using mdz's pkgs

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 07:20:57 UTC 2003

Hi,

  I've had some success in writing the VCDs, but I
have an audio sync problem.

  First,  went back and reread the the MythTV
installation document where they talk about
converting files.  There is an updated patch for
.90rc5 now available at:

http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu:8088/~mdz/mythtv/mplayer-0.90rc5-mythtv-20030405.diff

I was able to apply that patch and try some
conversions.

I tried Jason Millers suggestion of

mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy source.nuv -o test.avi

I viewed the .avi file using mplayer.  The audio
starts out in sync,  but quickly falls behind.  Longer
you watch, the farther behind the audio gets.
I went ahead and used the command:

mencvcd test.vcd -abr 224 -asr 44100 -vbr 1150 -vfr 4
-vnorm n test.avi

to see what the result was.  I did get a VCD, but the
audio shows the same sync behavior as the .avi.  I
really didn't expect any difference, but I thought
I'd try.  I can play this using Xine on the computer,
or on my home DVD player.  Audio shows same
out-of-sync behavior.

I'm trying new conversion suggested in a recent
thread.  Its still running.  I'll let you know
if the created .avi is any better.

Does anyone have any other ideas?  I've read through
a LOT of threads on this subject.  Seems the only
ones who have had good success move their files to
a Windows partition to do some steps.  Don't have
one of those.  Anyone successful with a full Linux
environment?

     Thanks,

      Mike

    Mike