[mythtv-users] MythTV goes mobile!

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Apr 5 02:02:15 UTC 2003

Chris Palmer wrote:
> Matthew Brichacek wrote
>
>>That's right, some weirdo put a tv in his car and now myth controls the
>>on board entertainment.
>>More pics and details to follow in the next few weeks as I move from
>>prototype to a final version.
>>http://customlinuxsolutions.com/truck/
>

> I wish I had more to discuss on this, but I just have
> to say that this is pretty darn cool.  :)

What seems to be missing here is a convenient way to transfer
files from the home database to the truck database. I have
a "test" environment and a "production" system and sometimes
want to move recordings from one to the other. I've been
ftp-ing the files and manually INSERTing into the 'recorded'
database.

What strikes me as a more convenient way would be to modify
MythWeb to have links for the .nuv files that includes the
recorded fields in the HTTP headers and sends the file as the
body. A helper app for .nuv files could open the local database
per mysql.txt to insert the local recorded entry and write the
file to the RecordFilePrefix dir. This way I could simply go to
the web page and click on the link to transfer the file onto my
other system.

I probably should have worked on this already. I'm familiar with
HTTP, RFC822 and MIME headers, and CGI but would need to learn
PHP to do this the right way as part of MythWeb rather than as a
separate CGI.

--  bjm