[mythtv-users] Trouble with channel setup

Fri Apr 4 08:37:08 UTC 2003

Are you running the latest version from CVS?  There have been significant recent developments which may be worth checking out..

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Lewander [mailto:henrik at lewander.com]
Sent: 03 April 2003 21:48
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Trouble with channel setup

From: "Edward Wildgoose" <Edward.Wildgoose at frmhedge.com>
> > Wonderful program! Though, it would be more useful to me if I could
change
> > channels too. I live in Sweden and chose that during setup of
tv-listings. I
> > entered the channel numbers in the same format that xawtv use, ie here
it is
> > SE14, 57, E8 etc.
> >
> > I get this in mythbackend.log:
> > strange error flushing buffer ...
> > Channel: '' was not found in the database.
>
> Are you comfortable going into the mysql database directly?  There is a
problem fixed in CVS recently where there were problems changing channel if
you had any blank fields in the channel table, specifically I think it is
the short channel name (something like "callsign" I think?).

> I suspect that this could be what is going wrong?

Thanks for the hint but that did not change anything for me. I have attached
my xmltv file and the content of the channel table in the db. Maybe somebody
could have a look? I guess the problem is very simple but I have not grasped
how the data structures are supposed to work. Btw, the ~/.mythtv/channels
directory exists but is empty, is that a problem?

Regards, Henrik