[mythtv-users] AIW 8500 and ragepro question

Doug Miller dmiller at flcommunications.com
Fri Apr 4 22:01:34 UTC 2003

Hi!

Wonderful program! Though, it would be more useful to me if I could change
channels too. I live in Sweden and chose that during setup of tv-listings. I
entered the channel numbers in the same format that xawtv use, ie here it is
SE14, 57, E8 etc. The grabber seems to get the info from dagenstv.com ok but
I can't change channels in mythtvfrontend. Sometimes I can switch between
just two channels, the channel number shown then is correct. I have
connected the video source to the listing.

I get this in mythbackend.log:
strange error flushing buffer ...
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(/dev/video Television )
in setup is wrong

mythfrontend sometimes prints a lot of  "Select: Bad file descriptor"

Any help is very much appreciated!

Regards, Henrik in Sweden
Btw, I had lots of trouble with my audio _until_ i installed btaudio, now
audio works like a charm :)