[mythtv-users] Alsa spdif out?

James Knight foom at fuhm.net
Wed Apr 2 22:51:07 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 08:14  PM, Ian Westcott wrote:

> /dev/dsp by default (and in fact, when I tried to specify a different
> device file, /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p just to see what happened, mythtv
> changed
> it back to /dev/dsp). Maybe I should look at mythfrontend and see if I
> can add some more alsa functionality..

This is a bug in the UI. While it lets you type stuff in the
textfields, it completely ignores anything you type there. Try
connecting to the mysql database (e.g. mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg)
and doing
update settings set data="/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p" where
value="AudioOutputDevice";

Then restart mythfrontend. I don't know if this will work or not but at
least it will attempt to use the device you specified.

But as for the second, I'd like native ALSA support in mythfrontend too
instead of the OSS emulation, if you really want to do that. :)

James