[mythtv-users] Rhapsody Card

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Wed Apr 2 20:57:08 UTC 2003

> Do any of you know anything about this product?
>
> http://www.sigmadesigns.com/pdf_docs/rhapsody_brochure.pdf
>
> The brochure even says the development kit comes with linux
> drivers.  With hardware mpeg-4 encoding and decoding, I would
> think you could get by with a very modestly powered PC.  Perhaps
> one of the fanless epia boards would work.

Wow, looks really great!  There is also a driver being written for the MPEG
2 compressor board from Hauppauge...

I have an older Hollywood plus card, decode quality was pretty good actually
(has anyone thought about whether this could be used with MythTv?  Not sure
how the driver works, but it can handle mpeg4 as well as mpeg2.