[mythtv-users] problems only with NBC- Delaying to next trigger

Christopher Hart hart at caltech.edu
Wed Apr 2 08:20:24 UTC 2003

Hi,

So I've been using mythtv now for a couple of months and currently
running from a cvs checkout (as of sunday 3/30/03).  The problem I've
been having since version .7 is quite odd and only effects channel 4
KNBC (the local NBC channel in Los Angeles).  If I switch to the channel
from another channel, I have no sound.  If I then hit esc, exit from
watching liveTV to the mythTV and restart liveTV but now starting on
channel 4 I now have sound again.  However, the sound is choppy and I
see a lot of "Delaying to next trigger: " messages coming through stdout
which correlate with the pauses in sound.  This problem doesn't seem to
be tuning problem as it doesn't happen using xawtv for example.  I'm at
a loss for what this could be.

Any ideas?  Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

      Chris

System information:
- Althlon 1400
- 256 MB RAM
- SB16 sound card
- averTV stero capture card
- ATI AIW 128 PCI video card (not using its tuner - couldn't get it to work)