[mythtv-users] Processor Recommendation

Nick Hall NickHall at flashmail.com
Tue Apr 1 20:26:54 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm planning on building a MythTV box and am trying to gather
empirical evidence to determine how fast of processor I should
buy. I'd like to use 2 TV tuner cards so I can be recording 1
show and watching another, or recording 2 shows at the same
time. Ideally both would be at 640x480, or at a minimum,
480x480. Can someone post if they have tried doing this,
if it worked or not, and how fast their processor is?
Specifically I'm thinking about an Athlon XP 1800+ but it
seems like it might be on the "bubble" of being possible at
that speed. Thanks for any suggestions!

Nick