[Mythtv-translators] Theme strings and deadline...

Nicolas Riendeau mythtv at riendeau.org
Sat Mar 12 02:24:18 UTC 2016

Hi Yianni!

I have already given you a partial answer by direct email but here's the
more complete answer:

On 3/10/2016 7:53 AM, Yianni wrote:
> Just between your first and second update of the strings I managed to
> squeeze the translation for the first part.

Ok. The first time it was the strings for the web interface
(htmlstrings.h) and the second time the strings from the themes
(themestrings.h).

> Do I have to re-translate or can they be included as-is so that I can focus on the remaining ones?

You should not have to, I would not deliberately do something which
would have that effect either.

If what you are attempting to to is update the copy of the git repo in
which you translated the first set of strings (htmlstrings.h) to
translate the second set of strings (htmlstrings.h) there should not be
any problem.

You would need to issue a

git pull

then a

lupdate (or lupdate-qt5)

to update your translation files with the latest strings.

You won't lose anything if you continue from there and I will just need
*not to* apply the patch you currently submitted...

If you did something else than please let me know...

> Is my method correct? I mean that by looking at the patch file I can see
> lines like:
>
> -        <location filename="../html/htmlstrings.h" line="13"/>
> -        <location filename="../html/htmlstrings.h" line="107"/>
> -        <location filename="../html/htmlstrings.h" line="122"/>
> -        <location filename="../html/htmlstrings.h" line="138"/>
> -        <location filename="../html/htmlstrings.h" line="145"/>
> +        <location filename="../html/htmlstrings.h" line="101"/>
> +        <location filename="../html/htmlstrings.h" line="117"/>
> +        <location filename="../html/htmlstrings.h" line="124"/>
> +        <location filename="../html/htmlstrings.h" line="130"/>
>
> Do they cause you trouble in merging or is this expected?

This is to be expected, strings move around from one time to the next
and this is what this shows...

Sorry for the trouble, I really didn't notice a translation had been
submitted...

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas