[Mythtv-translators] Unfinished Norwegian translations - strange problem

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Mon Sep 9 21:54:14 UTC 2013

Hi Rune!

It looks like you have uncovered some weird Qt bug, it's almost as if
that "oldsource" entry is considered what Qt calls a "disambiguation
string" which is a way to translate differently the same word/sentence
depending on its use.

I am trying to get help from the Qt guys (or gals) on this...

I have a feeling it's somehow tracking these "oldsource" entries by the
"locations" so could you please try this:

lupdate -locations none translate.pro

Then try removing the entry with "oldsource" with a text editor and
rerun lupdate and see if it gets added back.

(I tried it here and it doesn't seem to be the case.)

If it work try this on your copy of the translation with the patch
applied and either

- Copy that translation file in another copy of the repo where the patch
isn't applied and rerun lupdate with the same command line as above.

or

- Send me the translation so that I can commit it and ask Nick if he can
redo his stats.

Let me know how it works out...

Have a nice day!

Nicolas

PS: It was always deemed preferrable to have those "locations" entries
but if they start causing problems then we will do without them...