[Mythtv-translators] Problems translating mythweb

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 11 19:25:14 UTC 2013

> I am wondering if your problem might not be related to the fact that
> there are no character set declaration (either UTF-8 or, I belive,
> ISO-8859-7 (those el_GR entries should specify the character set like
> some of the other entries you can see in the same file).

Ok, thanks for the tip, I was following "German" as an example and not "English".

Now I changed it to

        'Greek'         => array('Ελληνικά',           'el_GR.UTF-8', 'el_GR.UTF-8'),

i.e. as reported by locale.

> It's like it's not processing the right line...
>
> The first thing I would look at is the character set used (does your
> editor tell you). I would try to use UTF-8.
>
> The second thing I could think of, did you edit that file solely on
> Linux/BSD/etc... PC or could it have been edited on a PC that would have
> added CR (ie Windows) that might also confuse it...

The file is saved as UTF-8, as it was edited in kwrite (openSuSE 12.3).

>> Should I report this as a bug, or am I misunderstanding something?
>>

> Let's see if we can eliminate the possibility of a character set or line
> termination issue first...

Sorry, the problem remains. It has to be the exact same case word or phrase
of the second line (the translated one). The regular expressions are ignored.

> Thank you!
>
> Nicolas

Thank you.