[Mythtv-translators] [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Tue Mar 27 11:44:01 UTC 2012

Hi Walter!

On 3/26/2012 10:05 PM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
> Sorry if I didn't make my point very clear. It would be great if the
> hour/month variables you are adding would have neither leading zero nor
> leading space. Otherwise please just add %l (12-hour format of 'hour'
> with leading space when there is only one digit). I will continue to use
> %m and %d.
>
> 2012/3/26 Walter Cheuk <wwycheuk at gmail.com <mailto:wwycheuk at gmail.com>>
>
>     The GNOME date/time variable %e (the day of the month) does not
>     exactly match the Chinese usage, where it should have neither
>     leading zero nor space. The same is also true for %l (hour). But
>     they are a bit better.

Unfortunately according to the documentation Python's strftime doesn't
offer that kind of flexibility.

According to what I read it actually relies on the underlying C++
strftime which, on some platforms, might actually let you have better
control over the formatting of the month and day but you can't use these
in a portable way (ie it wouldn't work on all platform).

Have a nice day!

Nicolas