[Mythtv-translators] Movie ratings

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Tue Mar 27 11:32:38 UTC 2012

Hi Yianni!

On 3/26/2012 2:34 PM, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
> I would "squeeze" 5 to 4 by eliminating "2", but I was worried only whether the "PG" and the other symbols were the ones MythTV was looking for when it was searching for metadata.

That depends in which (translation) context it is...

> I.e. if I translate "PG" to something Greek I would break the ratings system. So, my question is more of a programmatical type.

If it's in RatingsToPL (Ratings To Parental Level), it is used to
determine the parental level based on the ratings so changing this, if
the ratings you have are in English, would break the parental level.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure that there's a problem with that bit of code
and that the translation lookups aren't done properly.

Fixing it is relatively easy (missing declaration) but until Stuart add
multiple rating systems support it might actually do more harm than good
since it would most likely break that movie rating to parental level
matching unless the movie ratings you get are in your native language
(which I don't think is the case currently).

If it's not in RatingsToPL, could you please tell me where these are?

Have a nice day!

Nicolas