[Mythtv-translators] Couple of questions about .25 strings

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Tue Mar 20 21:00:46 UTC 2012

On Mar 15, 2012 2:48 AM, "Nicolas Riendeau" <knight at teksavvy.com> wrote:
> OK, I was able to "talk" to the dev who worked on this.
>
> UPnP (for example) is an IPV4 only protocol so if you want UPnP (and a
> few other things) to work you must still provide an IPV4 address. If you
> don't care about UPnP (and the other things that are IPv4 specific) you
> don't need to provide an IPv4 address...

I only now noticed there is nearby another similar string for ipv6. The
ipv4 should possibly say IPv4 in it also, as the ipv6 is more precise.

"Enter the IP address of this machine. Use an externally accessible address
(ie, not 127.0.0.1) if you are going to be running a frontend on a
different machine than this one. Note, in IPv6 setups, this is still
required for certain extras such as UPnP."

vs.

"Enter the IPv6 address of this machine. Use an externally accessible
address (ie, not ::1) if you are going to be running a frontend on a
different machine than this one."

Also it could perhaps rather say something like: "..., in mixed IPv4 and
IPv6 setups, this is still required for certain IPv4 only extras like UPnP.

Thanks anyway, you cleared it out for me.